[Harp-L] Harmonica Tuning

I've been using this tuning in a bendable half-valved 12 hole chromatic that I've designed and was wondering who has used it before.  I call it Paddy Richter Bend.

C/D-E/G-A/B-C/D-E/F-G/A-A/B-C/D-E/F-G/A-A/B-C/D

By repeating the A in blow 7 it duplicates the notes in holes 3 thru 6 at the upper end of the harp.  I'm able to to draw bend all the way up to hole 10.  Holes 11 and 12 are too high to bend in the key of C.  I haven't tested any other keys.

I've also configured the harmonica to lower the notes 1/2 a step when the slide is pushed instead of raising them.  I designed this harmonica to play melodies in 2nd position so lowering all the notes 1/2 step with the slide allows me to play F sharp on draw 2 and I am able to play a G major scale up and down the harmonica without bending if I choose.

Brendan Power is to blame for all this.  I was frustrated trying to play some melodies on my diatonic and I stumbled on this essay by him many, many years ago and I've been on a quest ever since.  http://www.rootsworld.com/freereed/2000/power2.html

I'll be posting some links of some demos of the harmonica in the near future.

David Pearce