Re: [Harp-L] Circular harp with root on blow 4?

Dan Hazen <bluesmandan76@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Well, I bought a Seydel Circular recently... a Blues Favorite in
> G. It's a fine harp, but I would really prefer it if it were in the
> key of C... that is, have an F instead of an F#.

This sounds like a job for Brendan Power's Blu-Tak technique:
  http://www.brendan-power.com/harpgeeks.php#Blu-Tack

F# is higher than F, so you just need to add a tiny blob of Blu-Tak to
each of the F# reeds to lower them by a semitone. I've done the same on
a Seydel A harmonica to put it into Amix tuning, and it works nicely:
  http://offog.org/notes/amix-harmonica/

Cheers,

--
Adam Sampson <ats@xxxxxxxxx>                         <http://offog.org/>