[Harp-L] lightbox now magnifier for reed work
- To: Harpl list <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Harp-L] lightbox now magnifier for reed work
- From: Michael Easton <diachrome@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2015 11:26:00 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=comcast.net; s=q20140121; t=1420734361; bh=kV2hoNjwF46tv7SQ9iFsBmHybkf3HvU2Nr8nf9aWAsw=; h=Received:Received:Content-Type:Mime-Version:Subject:From:Date: Message-Id:To; b=KQjus0W0JaomlesLyToAOYfY5iibRRJPEsioG5pUXfoKH6P137YF8ZQPKFBXc+pPi kr7lVAeG3c0pu7s/IqNn8Kuv/mPon4wZ2G0dz57eSx3beEyKq7MFY+nxOuKkGR3mdG +WZSshfFIwn+2ULW7wzjr6c0xwUE4qCBYWb3Su33SeK2MhaPlqXNzMRJ5ASuZPGanH tM/fwnMfJz5kmHxjXbIid5foZU1ib4JhWEwLGGUwVNVhOX0D0Tte1XK40kW7N3FLY3 QV99g0X+cG7RisgJBVjrLLazbCzmei+Xa/mPr8Gogmptzx5qkt1vRhSCxtOJyoA9WZ 3vR2u3jXLjhHg==
- In-reply-to: <201501081130.t08BUcrh025041@harp-l.com>
- References: <201501081130.t08BUcrh025041@harp-l.com>
I use both a light box and a stereo scope but not together.
The light coming up from the lightbox creates too much glare and eye strain.
I paid $10 for a used industrial light box at a trade show. Probably the cheapest tool purchased for the shop. haha.
With the lightbox and general use I use a pair of these. They’re a life saver in setting up the starting points on the CNC mill. http://www.gesswein.com/p-7740-eschenbach-galilean-precision-binoculars-25x-and-4x.aspx?cpagenum=&sortfield=&sortdirection=&perpage= I own 2 pair. One 2x and one 4x. Unlike loupes or magnifying glasses these allow you to work at arms length and are focusable to different near distances. Depending on where you buy them they run around $500 -700 each. I was able to get a good deal on ebay paying around $495 each for brand new pairs.
The scope I use is out of the price range of the weekend fixer but good for regular harp tech use. I have a 4x and 6x lens turret on mine.
I bought mine used on ebay so I only paid $1k for it.
Serious reed work needs serious tools. Harp techs are always upgrading their tools to improve the quality of the product and turnaround times.
Now custom du Pont Corian combs for wood body Hohners
& custom Covers and mouthpieces for CBH2016’s
Facebook Michael Easton (Fathead Musical Instruments) for images
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and