[Harp-L] Reed Floss (was: Light box for reed work)

Rick Dempster <rickdempster33@xxxxxxxxx>[JFA: ]  wrote:

> Trying to accurately fit a new reed to a previously spot-welded Suzuki has
almost driven me insane.

Turbodog Suggests: use a small piece of 0.001" shim stock, folded in "U"
shape to fixture reed in perfect location while tightening. If you don't
have any handy, I will be happy to send you a piece from our "reed floss"
stock.

Otherwise: I once found the perfect little battery operated fluorescent
light box, appx 4" square, at Radio Shack:
http://flashlightreviews.com/reviews/radioshack_osram.htm