Re: [Harp-L] Reed changing help

C# would be Db..which is 1/2 step too low. I suspect that the reed is either: 1... not seated tight enough. OR: 2... you set the reed strongly and cracked the rivet pad. Try plinking the reed twice and then let it sit for a few minutes. Then plink it again. If it actually goes FLATTER, your rivet pad is fractured, and not correctable. If not, the reed is a wee bit loose. Normally tuning it will correct that.

conclusion? Frankly, I would wait to see what a few more techs have to say.

smokey-joe, the 4M company (Mars machine, manufacturing, & metallurgy.
author: Crossbows / the kitchen table work shop.
master's papers / 100 ton vessels.
hard hat salvage diver.
pistol champion.
boat builder.