Re: [Harp-L] What position do you play in for "Georgia on My Mind"?

I play "Georgia" in 2nd position using a country-tuned harmonica. I used to do it with an overblow, but I finally decided it wasn't about using the OB as what sounds best to the listeners on a consistent basis.

You can hear my version (recorded in 2001) at my website. The player is on the front page to the right.

Best Regards,
Dennis M. Cooper
http://dennis-cooper.com

------ Original Message ------ From: "Dan Hazen" <bluesmandan76@xxxxxxxxx> To: "harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx> Sent: 2/9/2015 3:51:40 PM Subject: [Harp-L] What position do you play in for "Georgia on My Mind"?

I've been trying Georgia (key of F) in First (F), Second (Bb), and 12th
(C). They all have things to commend them, but I think I prefer first
position, even though the others sound bluesier. Bluesy bends on 2nd and
12th, but better octaves and runs for me in 1st.

I was wondering what position others prefer to use when playing this
standard... and what that position gives you that makes you prefer it...
Thanks
Dan

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
F Bb Eb Ab Db Gb B E A D G C