[Harp-L] Xmas songs

Now is the time to dig out all those Christmas/winter songbooks for some variety in your repertoire and perhaps a few challenges.

I purchased several new Christmas books at 50% from my Evola music store about 6 months ago and just got them out the other day.

Of course, they are not harmonica books. They are music books. But anyone with a basic harmonica book with notation (CF: Mel Bay) can translate the music notation to harmonica tab -- just like Charlie Musselwhite did all those years ago with a trumpet book. If you don't have a trumpet, the trumpet range is well within harp range.

Failing that, if all you have is a Christmas songbook; check out the Tab Rulers (lower left side) at the <harptabs.com>.

Download and print out the note layouts and write in the blow/ draw notes. After a few tunes you may find that you indirectly taught yourself to read music.

Hope this helps
Phil

PS: Frank Sinatra's 1957 "I Love Those  J I N G L E Bells" is on the album A Jolly Christmas from Frank Sinatra.