[Harp-L] Re: SPAH and me (Patrice)

I went only one time for now too SPAH convention, for the 50th birthday that I really didn't want to miss first... but also to see again some friends that I met in Europe, and other harmonica lovers from all the world there. Great souvenirs like meeting Jerry Devillier, seeing James Conway, Joe and Eric in USA, being with Roger Trobridge, Ben Hewlett, four other french (the great thing would be to be more perhaps also have some friends from Spain and around, NHL ...)

I still have a Great souvenir of the one in St Louis...And for sure I want to come back again. I expected to come this year, also to discover Colorado...But for that you need more than one week :), and to make a choice with hollidays !... I had too make a trip for two weeks going also in Colorado this year with some friends, but which was cancelled for this time and was too late to be in the hotel of the convention. For me no problem to hear the harmonica 24h a day for 4 or more days :) (I sleep well)

>From France is a long trip, and coming to SPAH to miss SPAH for me Never :) !!!... Last time I went for 6 days (plus 2days trip) and could walk along downtown for two full days but more would have been better (really appreciate...my very first time in USA). I remember 2013 seeing people from Japan, Australia, Sweden ...

Maybe few people knows about the website (harmonicacontact) I make, just for fun and because I really apreciate this family of instruments with its diversity... all the involvment of it in musique, health, society etc... So complete !... I don't even cover 1% in the links I share and spend far more time to share, than to work my instrument, even don't play in a band because prefer to share about the instrument...  I know several harmonica lovers who even never played harmonica ;) ... how to explain, this is an other way to appreciate and have good time, also if you can get people to discover new places, festivals and see how they are happy to be there is sufficient to understand ...

So the more diversity about style, people, harmonicas sounds more magic again too me. The day I retire, I guess I spend far more time to travel and meet other people, play more, have fun etc...

Also I am very curious to discover about the harmonica associations in USA, like in other countries, to discover about common questions, problems, queries, solutions, etc... Also as a passionate that can help to understand more again about the way the harmonica is received, can develop itself, be more present, more accepted etc... Also the more you meet people from everywhere, every countries, and the more you can be informed about new talents, great bands and so on...

HARP-L is also a way to discover a lot, exchange :). I don't forget about it. Thank you to Joe Filisko, Herb Levin, all the ones who shared images, and videos about this convention. This is not as good as being there with all the good waves, but very "sympathique" attention from them to the ones not there...

I don't know if the next SPAH convention will all take place the second week of August ?

Patrice (Sorry for my english)