[Harp-L] Tony Eyers retuned Hohner Thunderbird

I've released a video demonstrating a Hohner Thunderbird low low G tuned to Major Cross. You can see it at https://youtu.be/CysC1DMORUo

The Joe Filisko inspired Hohner Thunderbird harmonica was released in 2012, and is a great low instrument. However "bending" the low notes is beyond most players, myself in particular, so melodies are challenging. Solution: retuning the Thunderbird, in my case to Major Cross tuning. This was done for me by the master Australian harmonica customiser Neil Graham. This "Major Cross" Thunderbird solves the low note bending problem, and works well for melodies, octave doubling and bass lines.

Check it out.

Tony Eyers
Australia
www.HarmonicaAcademy.com