Re: [Harp-L] Solder retune - practical limits?

To extemporise tangentially on this thread, I thought I might mention my
overcoming the frustration of wanting
to play in E, second position, but wanting some higher pitches. No, I don't
want to tune a high G up a tone;
definitely a health hazard. So I tuned an F to A: On the blow plate the Fs
(holes 1,4,7,10) go down to E and the Cs (holes 3, 6 9) go to C#
On the draw plate, the Gs (holes 1, 4 and 8) go to G# the C (hole 2) to B,
the Bbs  (hole 5, 9) to B.
It's the same layout as a standard harp, but with an extra hole at the
bottom and one less at the top.
Pretty easy to do, easy to play, and useful, as far as I'm concerned.
Maybe someone else might find it handy.
RD