RE: [Harp-L] Harmonica in Nashville

Mikael,
I worked in Nashville for 27 years and have just recently moved back home to the Shreveport Louisiana area. However, I was a "down in the trenches" player. I did a lot of road work and demo sessions and played assorted clubs & showcases. I played in church, on the street and whatever. I helped put Alen Jackson's first Nashville band together before he got his first record deal. They threw us on the road opening for Ronnie Milsap and no one knew who Alen was. I played with Warren Haynes from time to time (subbing for Smokey Greenwell who is now in New Orleans. That band was called Blues Co-op. Smokey did a lot of things around the area. Terry McMillan (now deceased) was a good friend as well as Buddy Green. I was acquainted with Charlie and Jellyroll but I doubt they remember me. I was on the road with several well known artists.
Chicago Charlie may still be working the area and is a very good blues player. He and I worked with a band called "The Unknown Blues Band" (at different times) and we didn't do shows in Nashville much but worked the south east US.
Paco Shipp is a good harp man who may still be working there. Paco also worked with The Unknown Blues Band.
Wayon Wood works the area and is a good player.
Sheldon Zero works the Nashville area and is a close friend and a very good blues player.
When I moved there in 1986, I thought I knew most of the good players and got my head handed to me several times by players I never had heard of before. It's a tough town but there is work if you hustle. I worked for TNN for a while. Worked in the mail room at RCA. Met my (now ex) wife and settled into more day job type work in the mid 1990s.
I took a couple of lessons from Randy Singer (chromatic). I don't think he is in Nashville any longer.
Regards,
Buck Worley