[Harp-L] Vox Stomplab IG review and samples

As always, very cool. I go for traditional sounds mostly, the first one you have for the Vox Stomplab sounds very usable.

You noted the absence of a USB interface, but you've pressed on nonetheless and will hopefully make the patches available on a similar commercial basis to your other patch sets, even if they have to be loaded manually. Sending a few dollars and getting your sounds makes a lot more sense than fiddling around for hours and ending up with something far worse.

That said, would it be worth you revisiting the Korg Pandora? You looked at the Korg Pandora Stomp, but gave up as I recall becuase their computer interface didn't work. I had a similar issue with my Korg Pandora PX5D a few years back.

However, my Korg Pandora PX5D has a very major plus. It runs for 6 hours at least on 2 AA batteries, new battery installation takes less than a minute. The Korg Pandora Stomp uses the less appealing and more expensive 9V batteries.

Moreover, Korg have released the Pandora Mini, which runs on just a single AA battery, making it the ultimate portable effects device.

I've been able to program a variety of good clean sounds on my Pandora PX5D (which I'm guessing is essentially the same as the Mini and the Stomp). However the amped sound which I came up with basically sucks. You could do much better.

So. If you're inclined to persist with a device like the Vox Stomplab, despite the lack of a computer interface, could I persuade you to look at the Pandora Mini, due to its greatly superior battery setup. I'd end up sounding much better if you did.

Tony Eyers
Australia
www.HarmonicaAcademy.com
...everyone plays