Re: [Harp-L] recording practice sessions

For audio-only, I suggest an 8-channel analog audio mixer (e.g. Behringer @ < $100) and any computer that will run Audacity.

The mixer will give you a pre-amp for the mic, allow you to balance the instruments and give you some audio effects if so desiredâall with convenient controls. You need these up-front functions whatever recording device that you choose.  You likely already have the computer.  Audacity will provide recording, editing, and file management.

There are an infinite number of ways to provide your needed functions but I posit that the above will give you the most bang for your buck.  Later, if you wish to use a dedicated recording device, you havenât anything invested in the Audacity program and you will still find the mixer useful..

Vern