Re: [Harp-L] Defective harps

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 9:11 AM, doug cole <douglasrcole@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> bad luck with new harps

âGood questions, Doug,

As kindly as I know how to phrase it, these similar challenges over several
harps and brands suggest to me something about technique.â The other half
of the equation is learning to customize. Plan to ruin some reeds while
learning, but it is worth it. Single reed replacement is very cool, too!

TECHNIQUE
I don't know how to target the reason for draw bend reed failures. PERHAPS
drawing too hard can kill them early. BTW, a harp lasting one year isn't
alarming. It happens. However, most of mine last years, and I do appreciate
how important that is.

I anticipate that other harpers will contribute to what is known about
early failure of draw bend reeds.

Robert Hale
Serious Honkage in Arizona
youtube.com/DUKEofWAIL