[Harp-L] ashokan farewell

Here’s my version of Ashokan Farewell.

https://soundcloud.com/john-kerkhoven/ashokan-farewell

I’m playing this on a PowerBender harp (Seydel). I got a PowerBender (in A) from Brendan at a workshop he gave here in Montreal about a year ago. I was sufficiently inspired to order another one from Seydel in the key of G because I could see some potential for it with the repertoire I play. Some tunes just lay out nicely on it. Ashokan Farewell with its C# and C-natural notes, I have discovered, is one of them.

It’s a low-fi recording, straight into my computer, but would be glad to know what you think.

I’ve uploaded some other tracks on my soundcloud. Feel free to check ‘em out.

John