[Harp-L] Re:effects pedal

I had an interesting experience the other day. Playing bass with some friends at a little show for a  church group, using my cheapie Crate PA.
I had recently bought a pedal from a company called TC Helicon to see if it would help my voice, which needs all the help it can get. The pedal is called Mic Mechanic and it purports to do all sorts of things to make your voice sound better…. reverb, delay, compression, eq, pitch correction…. etc.
I had only fooled with it a little at home and got some basic settings. Long story short, my voice still sucked, but at the end of the program we did Amazing Grace and I pulled out my C harp. I couldn’t believe how good it sounded. I mean, really good.
Has anyone else ever tried this pedal? When I get some time, I am going to experiment with this.
Steve in Minnesota