[Harp-L] Video of Lowlands "The Last Call", live in Milan April 5 2014

Hi all,

The first live video from the performance I did with Lowlands in Milan, Italy on April 5 2014 has been released.  You can check it out here:
http://www.hunterharp.com/video-of-the-day-1-april-2015-lowlands-unplugged/

This piece (titled "The Last Call") was recorded in performance with a Hohner CX12 chromatic in C (the piece is in D minor) through an Audix Fireball mic into a Digitech RP360XP running my "Devil Sound" patch: a Matchless amp model with a pitch shifter doubling the tone a perfect 4th down.  It's a great sound for minor tunes based on the natural minor scale in particular, because all the 4ths it produces are in the scale. (With a Dorian minor scale, the kind you get in 3rd position on a standard tuned diatonic, the perfect 4th down from the 6th degree of the scale clashes with the minor 3rd degree of the scale.)

The full concert will be released on DVD under the title "Lowlands Unplugged" in the fall of 2014.  Stay tuned.

Thanks, Richard Hunter
author, "Jazz Harp" (Oak Publications, NYC)
Twitter: lightninrick