[Harp-L] O, Come All Ye Faithful played in three positions on diatonic

Somewhere in all the back-and-forth challenging someone mentioned the idea of playing Adeste Fideles (aka O, Come All ye faithful) in the first  octave of a diatonic where there are missing notes.

OK, I did it and you can hear the results.

I found a piano backing track in the key of F, and then played along with it three times, each time using a different key of diatonic harmonica and playing the tune in the low register, or as deep in the low register as would fit on that key of harp. All three harmonicas were in standard tuning and had not been tweaked or altered for this recording - they were what I had lying around in interesting keys.

When I recorded, each rendition was done as a single take - no piecing together cherry-picked fragments. And no pitch correction, either. Just a bit of reverb and mastering plugins.

You can listen and judge the results - and figure out which keys of harps I used at this link:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2901194/Adeste%20Fideles%20in%20three%20positions.mp3

Winslow
zzzzzzzzzzz