[Harp-L] Tony Eyers releases a recorder teaching site

Known on this list as a harmonica player (no surprises), I also play recorder. A while back I noted an absence of recorder teaching sites, and decided to fill the gap. My site, LearnRecorder.com, has been released today. It has online recorder lessons for beginning and intermediate players.

You can find it at http://learnrecorder.com

As some may know, I also have an online harmonica teaching site, at HarmonicaAcademy.com Since 2008, several thousand have passed through the doors. The Harmonica Academy approach is carefully structured lessons, with an audio player next to each sample. I've applied the same idea to the recorder site. I've worked as an educator since the mid 1980s, structured curriculum is what I do.

Through running these sites an interesting cultural phenonemon has become apparent. My harmonica students seem to be mostly male, aged 45 plus. Like me. For recorder, the exact opposite is true. Most amateur players are women, again aged 45 plus. Put another way, "Women of a Certain Age".

So. I've designed Harmonica Academy to appeal to male visitors (the blokes), and LearnRecorder.com to target the ladies.

Perhaps women looking to meet mature age men should take up harmonica. Likewise, mature age men seeking female company could do worse than learn recorder.

For this latter group, my recorder site can help.

Tony Eyers
Australia
www.HarmonicaAcademy.com
...everyone plays