Re: [Harp-L] Sometimes ....

So, you want to save the harmonica by making it sound like a clarinet?  Or
a trumpet?  Or a Hammond B3?  I'm not sure that is a good plan, or even a
necessary one.

When you use processors or effects to make a harp sound like a trumpet, for
example, it doesn't work.  It does not sound like a trumpet; its sounds
like what it is:  A processed harmonica.  It is usually not a sound I like.
 it sounds flanged and phased and EQ'd and compressed and octaved and
filtered.  If it is well played I will admire the musicianship in spite of
the sound, but I can't help but ask myself "Why?"

The harmonica makes a lovely tone, with a breadth of variations and nuances
created through skill and technique. I don't have any fear that it is in
danger of dying out.  The young guns are coming along, and they are
excellent.

-Rick Davis