Re: [Harp-L] Sometimes ....

> On Oct 27, 2014, at 12:02 PM, Warren Bee <wbharptime2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Sometimes I just play my harp into a microphone with nothing in between it
> and the amp/PA. The sound can be quite unique with some creative throat,
> tongue, lip and lung manipulation. Long ago I learned that the more I
> played without pedals the better I sounded with the pedals! Just a point I
> felt like making today for the newbies and wannabees and the "tone
> challenged". Your brain and repertory system is the most incredible effect
> pedal in the universe!

Right on Warren! I don't play with any effects or even a volume control either. I can't tell you how many tines harp players have approached me to wondering about which stomp box I used to create a certain effect. I smile and say a variation of Warren's advice. What's more, if you develop a sound sans effects, and which does not rely on a s special mic/amp set up, you can play anywhere using just about any set up and still sound like you!

-B

Bob Cohen
Writer, Internet Consultant, Teacher
w: bobjcohen.com