Re: [Harp-L] used chromatic hohner deluxe 270 ebay

yes, you CAN do that. I did it once and found (ok, "Discovered") it wasn't worth the trouble. (for me)

Once I make the deluxes play the way the people at the factory THINK they already play, I'm just fine.

For me, fortunately, or Unfortunately, the built-in sound of the Deluxe is most often the same as my own sound, which, although still reminiscent of A Harmonica sound, with EQ, (or practicing in the bathroom, but NOT, like Benny Goodman, who was famous for multi-tasking), I can make it sound almost pleasant.

I have had varied luck with online purchases of Used deluxes, surprisingly, the used ones have been pretty good, once I tweak them a bit.

jk
On Oct 28, 2014, at 11:18 AM, Steve Molitor wrote:

> However I've discovered (pun intended) that Discovery 48 combs work great with a 270 deluxe. I already had a Discovery 48 but if you order a plastic Discovery comb from the Hohner C shop they're $34.  You'll also need a slide spring ($5) and maybe the 2 screws to attach the mouthpiece to the comb (or maybe the screws comes included with the comb - ask Hohner).
>
> I sanded the front of the comb and the 270 mouthpiece parts flat, and , removed the backing plate.  That cuts down on leakage a bit.  The Discovery comb is recessed so you don't have to worry about lining up the plates with the MP.  Just screw them in.
>
> Everything fits perfectly.  The 270 cover plate bolts are a bit short though - they work but the longer ones that come with the Discovery 48 are easier.
>

> Steve

jk

The philosopher Socrates, discovered to his dismay that he was the smartest person in Athens merely because he, and he alone, recognized how ignorant he was.
http://jonkip.com