Re: [Harp-L] does anybody NEED another book on playing Chromatic Harmonica?

On Oct 23, 2014, at 2:31 PM, Mike Price wrote:

> I have around 30 books, the first purchased in 1988. Just curious, I wonder how many harmonica books other folks have picked up over the years?
>
> Mike

Picked up the Tony Glover book when it first came out. Must have been early 70s? I learned a lot. First chromatic book (mid 70s) was different. Since I had started teaching myself back in the mid 50s,
I found nothing in it that I hadn't already learned. Mostly the HARD way. Had a lot of my own ideas and procedures. Some of which (I felt) were better than what was in the book. At least the repair and
maintenance stuff. I still feel that way. Since then I have looked (only) at many books, many videos. Personally? I feel the books are fine. Especially if you can't find, don't have access to, or can't afford
a teacher.

smokey-joe