[Harp-L] copyrighting music or why I hate the Internet

I spent the morning getting my CD copyrighted. I put the whole CD as one
work, allowing me to pay to copyright one musical work (the CD) as opposed
to copyright each song--cheaper.

I also went to Limelight and got them to license a Grateful Dead I covered.
Then I went to CD Baby and filled out all that stuff and uploaded my songs
there

So, although the chance of me being able to quit my day job is slim, I was
able to record an album by myself on the computer, copyright it, get
permission to cover a copyrighted song, and got a company to distribute my
music.

It wasn't easy, but I couldn't have done that 20 years ago.

Now, if I had some talent and if I practiced more...

Jim
âThe boy I once was...who runs like the leaves down the sidewalk autumn
nights.