[Harp-L] Steel reeds & half-valved set-up

I recently aquired from Seydel a configured 12 hole with steel reeds & Gazell sytem half-valving.
( glad to say that I still have a modicum of pacyderm on my buttocks ! )
The question now is gapping for equal volume both in the same hole and the rest of the instrument.
ÂI' m used to working unvalved brass reeds so this is a new venture.
Secondly, after playing, is there any advise on drying the reeds/valves as they seem to stick on certain holes . At the moment I gently prye them loose with a n 24 crochet hook but there must be a better way.
Thanks in advance
Mox

Sent from recycled XB40Mobile