[Harp-L] A $7-800 amp?
- To: "harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Harp-L] A $7-800 amp?
- From: martin oldsberg <martinoldsberg@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 14:50:03 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1412891403; bh=1OERHLOqEAMgmBRdcA0kEixOpYQJqSIrkSwHpAtLtNQ=; h=Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=a3DxDRBGk/35uFib8rXdPnd2fHHxXeyMrC5eBNO1OBe4je3M1SZtSU4X6p0I5l5+pIsIZZuXUCXOkI639MkblH8KRWLIXbcCRCokwTVMnoq0/PBeCUW5c1EkZWneyyIOt3FmTBn3XSUTOfFm8/bEFb9YH2R7ci/Td+s5r5qSDSM=
- Reply-to: martin oldsberg <martinoldsberg@xxxxxxxxx>
First of all -- many thanks for the input on my RP--PA conundrum. It´s a process that maybe -- or maybe not -- will be sorted out in due time and I´m grateful for the pointers given.
Meanwhile, I´m being offered a brand new amplifier by a generous man, as a go to-item when that is handy, and complementeing the RP setup. It´s meant as payment for stuff I´ve recorded for him, and I´m not sure if I can accept it, but if I do it´s going to be a case of us buying a amplifier in a store here in Gothenburg and not him giving me money -- that would not be acceptable.
We have started looking and I tried a Fender Blues Jr the other day, and it was made clear to me that this could be something. My friend is very much into tubes and if he´s going to sponsor something I´m pretty sure he´ll find it more meaningful with a tube amp. (The stuff we record together is mostly blues.)
My question is, in this price range, some $7-800, would that be a good thing to buy?
I´ve noticed that people use it for harmonica, but my ignorance in the sound department is vast. What I´m looking for primarily would be an amp with enough volume for smaller gigs, and a decent blues- as well as clean sound.
Would I be better adviced to look elsewhere.
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and