Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica Beatboxing On National TV

On Oct 9, 2014, at 3:37 PM, william price <promultis33@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As you say: Why is the diatonic harmonica getting such a "little bit" of national TV attention?

Thanks for sharing that version of "Californina Dreaming" I wasn't complaining about the lack of attention, rather expressing gratitude it. Like I said, there are many others whom we could tap as noteworthy innovators. Yuri's hook for Steve Harvey's audience is combining beatboxing and harmonica.

To me harpboxing is essentially a variation on "Whooping and Holerin'" a la Sonny Terry. IMO, Brendan Powers and Brandon Bailey come to mind as players who've done some innovative technically exciting harpboxing.

Bob Cohen
Writer, Internet Consultant, Teacher
w: bobjcohen.com
t: #itsabobworld