[Harp-L] Golden Melody, Special - 20 tuning...

> Got a question, I've been playing GM's for years because I like the playability but also the tuning fits live, studio etc.playing. I have been re-tuning when necessary and replacing reeds if have to and I tune each to the country tuning to have a set in C/T and regular tunings.
> In the past have bought Special 20's in c/t but have noticed the  tuning has been a little sharp to the GM and when you do studio work and use both , one can tell the difference.
> It's been a while but has hohner corrected this tuning problem or is it the same.
> The reason I ask ,is that I need to purchase some odd key harps in C/T  and would like to not do the change.

hey, it's a harmonica... you can tune it to the way you already have been playing for decades, or you can work to adjust your playing to the way someone else tuned it.

I prefer the first, in most cases, and in the other cases, I prefer the first.

What could go wrong?

Worst case, when you try to retune your new instrument, you break two reeds, (the 'fun' draw notes), lose the bolts in your carpet, one of which your dog could find and eat, and have to be taken to the vet, who takes a $45 X-ray and sells you $50 worth of "Special" high fiber dog food, telling you to keep an eye on the "other" end of the dog until Nature brings you the errant bolt, all of which reminds him of his grandfather, who 'had a harmonica' and you have to hear low-class and boring  "grandfather had a harmonica" stories , being told to you at his high-class Vet hourly rate$.....etc.

 ...oh, I see your point.

jk

jon@xxxxxxxxxx
The philosopher Socrates, discovered to his dismay that he was the smartest person in Athens merely because he, and he alone, recognized how ignorant he was.