Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica Tone Test

I feel I have same experience when playing my harps. When playing my Bluesmasters they sound sweet and mellow, my Promaster Valves sounds bright, load, and sometimes screechy (despite this it's one of my favorites), my Bushmans sound mellow and sometimes raspy, my Rockets are bright, my Crossovers are also bright, but not as bright and my Marine Band Deluxes are warm.
But play them back to me I probably couldn't tell the difference. What gives?
Dennis

     On Tuesday, November 25, 2014 11:02 PM, Robert Hale <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 3:35 AM, Harping On <harping.onandon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> results were not as obvious as I thought they would be.

This is an intelligent approach to the question of perception of tone. Well
done.

Robert Hale
Serious Honkage in Arizona
youtube.com/DUKEofWAIL