Re: [Harp-L] help! in dire need of low F#
- To: Steve Webb <swebb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] help! in dire need of low F#
- From: pdxharpdog@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 16:12:38 +0000 (UTC)
- Cc: "harp-l, List" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=comcast.net; s=q20140121; t=1416240759; bh=IQolicuvEHCMyDQrfMuU7qS+aElRCKY7F7qavia9sFs=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=rwV6K5g0M+fmRKhnkV5eYpVAlkwxEKbO8Q4Yqnl0Pqw6uhu26pSNd4VpW2rM3jIGD Z5icXgVElNyRJmWkXyyC9GzYlLo2URvwNwjZxOe3z922C6aMA5pgMbkJpK2g4qRKMe mLKC7xf9rLpuXXxKPw+qTEb/dtSferBXrgXvoX06fOSYTLoD7VAOfxH40kpn3uDjH9 wlcvjnzPuBIQvUOCa13+I5PQjKQX1zRNrzlnBtoj9zRJ7P2ucD8SlvapYDTyogGnsQ y6viuAfSyd9R1o8HeibLxwV2KcnEoASMnNCNy4I+Bdnlhduv3st6UuoekAQcfPitVJ BfgFfXXt3pVUg==
- In-reply-to: <C2B689B4-2952-4375-B0BB-BFBAD3447B2C@charter.net>
- References: <00a501d00277$96d80e50$c4882af0$@com> <C2B689B4-2952-4375-B0BB-BFBAD3447B2C@charter.net>
- Thread-index: yXuEmRtxAGUfHrcVHnKZij0MYNrnfQ==
- Thread-topic: help! in dire need of low F#
I also use low F# harps a lot, and still have a few of the old SP 20s in low F#. They're great - but Hohner doesn't make them anymore. I was in need of a new one or two and talked to RockinRon - he told me that for some reason Hohner makes low F# reed plates, even though they don't make low F# harps. I know - that makes no sense - I think they are Marine Band Deluxe reed plates, but I bought one from RockinRon a couple of weeks ago and he checked with Hohner and they said it would retrofit onto a Crossover in G.
Seydel makes a low F# in a couple of models too. I like the 1847 version OK, but not the Session Steel version.
Suzuki's new low keyed Manji does not come in a low F#.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Webb" <swebb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "harp-l, List" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2014 7:51:27 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] help! in dire need of low F#
You could make one out of a low F. That's what I did.
Steve in frigid Minn.
Sent from my iPad
> On Nov 17, 2014, at 9:03 AM, Thomas J. Casey <tjc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dire need of low F# - am told hohner not making the special 20s in this key.
> 4 or 5 years ago I bought a Seydel from a fellow in North Carolina I
> believe. I can't find his email and must have accidentally deleted it. Any
> help??? Thanks!!!
> TJ Casey
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and