      From: Ronnie Schreiber <autothreads@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
 Sent: Sunday, November 16, 2014 9:51 AM
 Subject: [Harp-L] Muting notes

I was talking to my son, who plays some metal guitar, and he told me
that with some songs he's banging hard on the strings and almost
immediately muting them with the palm or heel of his hand.

The led me to wonder about harmonica. Do any of your really proficient
players ever find yourself having to mute a note? If so, what's the
technique you use to stop a reed from sounding?