Re: [Harp-L] Slide Lubricants

Vern wrote:

...I apply a thin, hard, polished coat of Johnson’s (carnauba) floor wax to all of the slide parts. (Do not use paraffin, bee’s, candle or other soft wax.)... <clippage>

Makes good sense to me. It got me wondering if anyone has ever tried "Rain-X," the windshield treatment that makes water shed off the glass? I suspect that, like Johnson's Floor Wax, Rain-X would also reduce the adherence of saliva on chromatic slides. I just don't play one often enough (ever?) to try it.

Michelle