[Harp-L] Slide Lubricants
- To: "harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Harp-L] Slide Lubricants
- From: Tom Stryker <tstryker1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 04:46:43 -0800
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=references:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:message-id :content-transfer-encoding:from:subject:date:to; bh=g1jIaR2Zq8eEJuDeNSVDAr+iEziCD/ZXdjuVDlmqJV8=; b=YgOiax+u9oCPwA1u6gfw7srH1CkBbHswZZTnFbpEgov4HJzItz2eNxDaCDRLjpkWTL 1UgO1raAw8t2Hp6dv80v5Zc6C7sstaFTvkRVeJN5/5dZJ2upvpOr0sCOy4s35Ub3FVc/ MVQjc0MwR6MmlEXKjU1T/tK0+jaQVb141ZloKhwYdS1kSMF5YjlTcr/wpZVrc4gf5NBF UT5X+AZymNzNEzgwQiSPo490IoMCKzXyFEB+CDZBqIqZK8QfmDbloegpkZq+rC53kf4G dXpoiFR/MVihyJxOzTd8kW3u/spbrxakZYVrdvAaH1y+jVb5Uxz/+tEbePgS84A36DMo 57pw==
- In-reply-to: <201411132357.sADNuux6023685@harp-l.com>
- References: <201411132357.sADNuux6023685@harp-l.com>
Playing only Chromatics since 1954, I have not found a suitable slide lubricant that; will not migrate to the valves, not gum or bind up while being non toxic. Plain water in a small spray bottle still works best to me and I can expect the slide to be bound up when it sits for an hour after a three hour gig. During my gigs, I constantly spray water on the slide which keeps me in business. To loosen the slide when stuck, I simply spray water on it and wait a few minutes. Then it loosens.
I am of the opinion the chemical makeup if one's saliva and how wet one plays influences how well the slide operates without lubrication. One thing that helps is to finesse the slide components.
I sure wish there was a solution, no pun, to lubrication and valve issues.
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and