Re: [Harp-L] My first solo harmonica set

fjm wrote:
<My guess would be that you weren't really playing the Ellington tune as
<much as you were following in the footsteps of Big Walter Horton and his
<version which works within the limitations of diatonic harmonica but
<wouldn't be what someone expecting the original version would be wanting
<to hear.  Tough tune to play as a solo.

Tom Ball did a brilliant solo version of this piece in his performance at SPAH a couple of years ago.  Perhaps Tom can advise here as to whether he's recorded his take on the piece.  I recall it as an astounding combination of jazz and country blues--very original, very convincing.

Regards, Richard Hunter