Re: [Harp-L] Middle F# copyright, fine print.

On Nov 4, 2014, at 10:33 AM, JON KIP wrote:

> Just so you all know, I'm in the process of copyrighting  middle F# as played on a three octave chromatic harmonica. I've heard it  described as simply " F# ", but more specifically, "on a three octave chromatic harmonica having the bottom note as "C",  it's the note resulting from inhaling (drawing) on the six hole with the slide in and the tongue not covering the hole". I think that's right.

Sorry Captain Kip. You may not pirate my F#. On 25 Sept. 1959, in an effort to play doo-wop music, I changed the #5 draw from an F to an F#. This allowed me to now play a plethora of tunes on ONE
diatonic which heretofore had required TWO harps. Then on Oct 23, I also tuned the #9 draw to an F# thereby completing the package. On Nov 6 I placed a wind saver on the #5 draw allowing that blow
note to be played down one flat.
On 21  Dec 1975 I demonstrated this tuning at the Ryman Christmas show. So anyone who has used that tuning after that date owes me money. I watch the mail box every day but for some inexplicable
reason, no one seems to want to pay me.

smo-joe  rotflmao