Re: [Harp-L] The Ashby Method for Overbending

I've been overbending since around '79, but  whenever I have a harp set up
so that it works efficiently, it sound horrible to me.
I can play all 12 keys (though I wouldn't want to put you through it) all
scales, arpeggios etc., but after all these years, I reckon it's not for me.
I think you have to have the right mouth shape, attack etc. to make it
sound any good, and I don't.
I have one of Chris Michalek's harps. They sound great when he played 'em.
Damn thing gives me a headache
and makes me feel like the fillings are going to drop out of my teeth.
I think the (hopefully) continuing tussle between Messrs Power et Suzuki
continues, with a positive outcome,
as I can't believe I'm the only one who has arrived at this conclusion. I
can even put up with a non custom Sub30 easier than I can
with a perfectly customised 'overbender'.
RD