Re: [Harp-L] The Ashby Method for Overbending

No video yet but in the meantime just blow GENTLY [minimum air-pressure] and decrease the angle slowly while aiming towards the right; eventually it would work for you too.

Typical overbend instruction (before The Ashby Method) had involved first starting the draw and-then switching to the blow to "pop" the overbend; with the "Ashby Method for Overbending" then the student immediately learns the place whereat the reed chokes and the correct aim and amount of pressure; using that information then each overbend note can be found easily and directly.

Overblowing at the hole-1 might require reducing the reed-gap of 1-blow on some harps due to the normally large 1-blow reed-gap and the inertia of the long 1-blow reed which together inhibits the choking [equilibrium] at hole-1.

/Neil (" https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004575466934 ")