Re: [Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Harmonicas and Accordians?

Yes, tried many Concertos, but found they were not a robust harmonica. When Seydel upgrade their reed stock on the Concertos I will become interested again.
Also tried the 'bluesified' versions, but in trad Cajun, the bent notes are not to my taste.
The Fanfare octave tuned is a terrific sound, but can't get all steel reeds yet..
There is a simple majesty to Cajun music which combines joyful uplift and sorrow- esp when the many incredible vocalists let loose over the top.
And the accordian players find inspired ways of contributing to this without using bends. Emotive power comes from an overall surge of driving force,(and utilising the flat 7th in 2nd position.) Those are the ingredients in the music I wouldn't wanna mess with, in the backing.

Sent from my iPad