Re: [Harp-L] Anyone want a Tascam 4-track cassette recorder?

William Lifford wrote:
<I have a Tascam 4-track recorder that records to cassette.  Would any of
<you be able to use it or want it?  You can have it for free, just paying
<the shipping costs.  I'll never use it and can't see any reason to hold
<onto it.

Just thought I'd mention that those Tascams and similar decks function very well as simple 4-in 2-out mixers.  I have a pre-year-2000 Fostex 4-track digital recorder in my studio that I only use for that purpose now.  I couldn't sell it for beans--who needs a digital recorder that records through a SCSI interface in 2014?  But as a simple mixer for recording and playback it's A-OK.

So anyone reading this who needs a simple mixer for their studio might consider this offer, the obsolescence of cassettes in general aside.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp" (Oak Publications, NYC)
Twitter: lightninrick