Re: [Harp-L] History of harp tuning; Chrom Tuning

My theory for Seydel -- the only company I know about personally as a customer -- is that they have a variety of layouts available on demand. And they know exactly what the market for each special tuning is. Any any amount of "imploring" will go ignored until there is a market for the product.

Seydel offers these layouts in a variety of their harmonicas. And if you can't find the layout you want, you can specially configure just about any layout you want. Check their configurator for details on the 18 initial tunings they offer.

I personally think the  innovations -- the configurator  by Seydel as well as the extra setup by Hohner to match playing styles -- are the greatest advances in harmonica manufacturing since the MS series by Hohner.

I personally don't have the time or interest in building a custom harmonica when I can order one from the manufacturer and get it delivered to my door in a few weeks.

Phil