[Harp-L] odd characters in posts

Looking at the archives and Brendan's (note the spelling) posts the only
odd thing I see at a quick glance is "100 flowers bloom" which is not an
odd character but a sentence missing some connecting words, perhaps an
and?  Reading the posts in my e-mail account again no odd characters but
several of the posts were held for size and in the review screen there
were odd characters which tells me it's not us.  The posts hadn't been
touched yet.  In general for best results post plain text and for
readability you might try reading posts plain text.  Plain text is
standardised, html text less so.  It's why web pages do not always display
similarly on different browsers.  The program you read an e-mail on has a
hand in how the html text will display.  Personally, subjectively I
haven't had any problem reading Brendan's interesting well presented
posts.  harp-l-listowner