RE: [Harp-L] History of harp tuning; Chrom Tuning

(Hmmm... I see those weird characters on Harp-L postings are affecting quite
a few posts, not just mine. Punctuation marks and apostrophes seem to
trigger all sorts of bizarre gobbledegook. I've switched to Plain Text
instead of HTML formatting, but it still keeps happening. The Harp-L
underlying code must be hyper-sensitive! Moderator: is this something you
can give guidance on, or try to adjust?).

Back to the topic.... Touché, Slim! (that's supposed to be touché with an
accent on the e, but God knows how it will come out in Harp-L!). You're
right: I'm a masochist too, using lots of different tunings and making
several major changes in base tunings over the years. We just enjoy
torturing ourselves in slightly different ways :-)

You make very good arguments for sticking with the one layout, Slim (Solo on
chromatic in your case). As it happens, I think the wind is in your
direction. I'm working on a couple of new chromatic harmonica designs that
will give players access to more enharmonic note choices and greater
expression. They will work with any tuning, including Solo, for those who
want their familiar layout but some tasty extras thrown in. Hope to announce
them within a couple of months.

Brendan Power
WEBSITES: www.brendan-power.com ● www.x-reed.com
FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/BrendanPowerMusic