Re: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] History of harp tuning; Chrom Tuning

sorry,  I probably wasn't clear...... I was trying to say that THINKING of repeated patterns of blow draw, or whatever is not how I think about it.... I'm not saying to change the instrument, just to not think in terms of patterns... think in terms of notes....

On May 17, 2014, at 9:50 AM, Rick Dempster wrote:

> If you don't have a repeated pattern on the chrom, you end up witth 'Spiral', for better or worse, or an arrangement like the....364 is it? like SBWII on 'Bye Bye Bird', where you are having to go back a hole to get the next higher not.
> The not arrangements on standard diatonic & chrom make a lot of sense to me ( I don't hear Howard Leavy bitching about it)

jon kip
http://jonkip.com

player of music, mostly written by dead people and played on a toy that everybody's Uncle except my nephew's has the good sense to keep safely out of sight in a drawer.