Re: [Harp-L] History of harp tuning; Chrom Tuning

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 5:00 AM, Brendan Power <bren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

>  a hassle to switch from one base tuning to a new one

I too, was afraid that stepping into a new tuning would disorient me from
what I had already learned, but it didn't. I added LO Nat Minor and MM to
my Richter kit and felt no loss of focus.

I still keep a few of Lee's alt tunings for teaching, but the Spiral has
replaced them in my performing kit.

To all reading - if you like NM and MM, I think you will LOVE a Spiral! I
am able to explore and play more freely, enjoying the music instead of
dealing with hardware challenges. I have more joy, and less fear of really
making a goober during an improvised solo! I am willing to take some
creative chances. Gotta love THAT.

If you enjoy 3rd, 4th, and 5P minor pentatonic jams you will REALLY like
spiral because it is a regular pattern with no pot holes to fall into.

Robert Hale
Spiral Advocate (Fanatic!)
Learn Harmonica by Webcam
http://www.youtube.com/DUKEofWAIL