[Harp-L] Info for "original" song for festival

Hello all

               I wrote a 4 verses to a groove that has blues harmonica in
it. The original song that used this groove had 5 verses.

A festival is requiring an original(sound file) be submitted with other
pics, bios, average draw at gigs etc.

I guess my basic question is what is needed to safely lay claim to an
original song. For some time I have been

under the opinion that grooves are safe or people cannot claim royalties for
lets say a given melody or groove. Example: Big Boss Man groove or Mojo
Workin' groove. These grooves now have different lyrics put to them. I have
a completely different title to my lyrics.

What is the wording requirement or where might one go to get a definitive
answer. Time is drawing close for the entry deadline.

I hope I said it in a way that will generate a solid response. Thanx for any
light that comes this way.

Hal