Re: [Harp-L] Two draw on a Seydel Orchestra S not responding right
- To: John Cuchta <johncuchta@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Two draw on a Seydel Orchestra S not responding right
- From: Dale Dutridge <daledut@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 07:11:12 -0400
- Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; bh=hUBe/pKsH3eEfrl0fFioU2H9beY/3ryqX11EFg2AKDw=; b=zDOMDqCz/lyRWglwP3CX2MtWVavfJnmm3TmQ5Ir4UiX0XALW8qxns4HXD1TfYcPHPp VCRCuLtsGF6FIJJpcZPXbZ04vAouUvVVTS9ckyiZNHDEJl4fNVFWlbntLOovmbPmGble x32/mKLNnAKDNg7OteMA3gEu9vGidMEEWz3XSQBbQ8qG27zzm7hhfIxnVxkTHI+CO+B9 GC6o8p1yu8SlN7hWAHWsAqv40qLrtvxIpCf8QqDWX0kRx0jrpKXSLx+2u5f/kyJcTqlI Ipq9cbPDjfjq9ZLr8zEOROv+qlU2M/ZxmQtevmCWIfZekeVFyayXZwVNFOhqX37KRmcd Cuww==
- In-reply-to: <CAJr=RJ=EW9=T3GWP-ju=kGzNjGFLwKBOpsnZKfP69GbYR3i93A@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <CAJr=RJ=EW9=T3GWP-ju=kGzNjGFLwKBOpsnZKfP69GbYR3i93A@mail.gmail.com>
I've sometimes had the 2 blow gapped to large which alows leakage when
trying to play the draw 2.
Try closing the blow 2 gap a little and see if it helps your draw 2.
On May 15, 2014 12:22 AM, "John Cuchta" <johncuchta@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm rather new to the repair stuff and have been scratching my head about
> this issue.
> It's not buzzing, I've played with the gapping but what seems to be the
> solution is when I have my finger sealing the two blow reed, which plays
> fine itself, the two draw works, which tells me (I think) it's a gapping
> issue with the two blow reed? I've been tinkering with the harp the past
> couple days on and off thinking I would just figure it out but I'd rather
> not end up destroying a harp that is less than a month old.
> Summary: Two draw doesn't sound like it's tight but no burs or gunk are in
> there and it works fine when blocking the two blow... help please!
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and