Re: [Harp-L] History of harp tuning

> On 15 May 2014, at 00:21, "Music Cal" <macaroni9999@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I think we are all aware of what tunings are offered in music stores. I
> think that most if not all of us are aware that Seydel offers alternative
> tunings for many of their diatonic harmonicas and their Deluxe chromatic.
> Presently the Seydel Saxony chrom has a very limited set of alternative
> tunings offered due to their available stainless steel reeds.
>
> I would like to see Hohner and Suzuki offer alternative tunings as well. So
> how can I, and people of similar interest, convince Hohner and Suzuki to
> offer alternative tunings and convince Seydel to expand their reed stock
> for the Saxony so that I can get the tuning I want?

You'll be lucky! I'm pretty disgusted with Hohner on two counts. First, they suddenly discontinued their lovely low tuned Special 20s, so that the only low-tuned Hohners you can now buy cost three times as much. Second, they discontinued the XB40. And you now can't get replacement parts for them for love nor money. Those of us who invested in those harps will see their perfectly good harmonicas, perhaps with just one reed out of kilter, thrown into the skip. Horrible way to treat its loyal customers. And they still use nails!  Hoping they'll get all adventurous with new tunings is bit like asking for  moon.