[Harp-L] re: Richter+ tuning

>>On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 2:12 PM, Winslow Yerxa "winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx"
>>wrote:
>>
>>Nobody got rid of Padd Richter. Except for one guy, the one who made the
>>original post. He came up with the name "Richter+." He believes Paddy to be
>>superior to standard tuning and has stated to me that his belief that
>>enormous benefits would result if harmonica manufacturers were to switch to
>>Paddy as their standard harmonica tuning.

The market for harmonica education in elementary through secondary schools would become much larger via promoting of the "Richter+" tuning-pattern for basic music education as an alternative to the current typical usage of plastic recorder-style instruments. The standard "Richter" tuning-pattern is often rejected by music instructors whom would accept "Richter+" for their students; in the school environment then popular and classical and Sousa melodies are taught far more often than "blues".

As for the name issue then I would suggest that somebody would have objected to referencing of the original tuning-pattern as "Kraut Richter".

/Neil