[Harp-L] Re: Replacement Reeds Question

JR asks:
If I have a D harp but want to (for whatever reason) put different key reedplates in (ie. put A reedplates into my D covers), are there any foreseeable problems?

Steve responds:
Hohner harps in keys up to C generally have long slot reeds. Keys from Db upwards have short slot reeds. In many cases the combs are sized accordingly, so that the channel length of the comb on a D harp may be too short to accomodate the long slot reeds on an A reedplate. This may not be the case with all manufacturers.

Steve Baker
www.stevebaker.de
www.european-music-workshops.com
www.harmonica-masters.de