Re: [Harp-L] Replacement Reeds Question

Hi

On Tuesday 06 May 2014 16:35:59 j r wrote:
> If I have a D harp but want to (for whatever reason) put different
> key reedplates in (ie. put A reedplates into my D covers), are
> there any foreseeable problems?  I tried to find the answer myself,
> but couldn't find a post on point.  Thanks for any help.

There shouldn't be problems concerning the covers, however you might
enounter difficulties with the comb. As an example the Hohner Marine
Band keys G to Db have a different comb than keys D to F. Other vendors
also use so called long slot and short slot combs for differnet keys.
You have to make sure the comb fits the reedplates.

--
GruÃ,Frank